Local Addiction Crisis Resources
3. Local SUICIDE PREVENTION RESOURCES
2. Local EMERGENCY ROOMS
1. Local EMERGENCY CRISIS SUPPORT
Local Advice and Guidance
3. NARCAN training & availability -- Where you can receive training. Where you can acquire Narcan.
2. Local OPIOID DETOXIFICATION
1. Local ALCOHOL AND BENZODIAZEPINE DETOXIFICATION -- The two most medically dangerous substances from which to detox
+ Where can I find local support groups FOR MYSELF?
+ Where can I find local support groups, specifically for the FRIEND OR FAMILY
MEMBER of someone addicted?
+ Where can I find local support groups for YOUNG PEOPLE?
3. Local YOUTH-SPECIFIC support groups -- Such as Young People in Recovery, etc.
2. Local support groups for FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS -- Al-Anon, NarAnon, Families Anon, Grief & loss. Grandparents raising kids. Others.
1. Local support groups for INDIVIDUALS -- AA, NA and local variations
Local School-based Resources
Local Questions and Answers
Find treatment centers in and around Virginia
Quickly find providers who treat substance use disorders and addiction: https://findtreatmentbeta.18f.gov
National support group resources
> Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
> Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
> Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings by Phone
> Cocaine Anonymous (CA)
> Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA)
National phone hotlines
SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Currently, the Urgent Love Initiative includes the highlighted television market area of Southwestern Virginia.